- 5 Daily Gratitudes
- Press Room
This article, courtesy of BlueRock Gallery::
ARTIST’S RECEPTION—EVERYONE WELCOME
2-5pm, Saturday, May 5, 2012
Artist in attendance.
IN THE NEWS: Global TV in Calgary did a story about Neel which aired 4/30/12.
Neel de Wit-Wibaut is a painter who splits her time between Calgary and a remote location in the Alberta foothills. Devoted to her work, she has been painting faithfully for decades. Her paintings express her deep appreciation of nature and invite the viewer to join her in a reflection on light. Working primarily in oils on wood, her subjects are inspired moments of illumination—sunlight, moonlight and the colors in shadows. This retrospective is a tribute to Neel’s remarkable career and an homage to the Alberta foothills where she has lived for more than half her life.
Still painting at the age of 97, she is deeply inspiring. Here is a short video introduction to Neel and her work in her own words.
Hope to see you at the opening!
Video created by Shelley Whitehead for Bluerock Gallery. Special thanks to Mady Thiel-Kopstein, Marika d’Ailly, Sandra Wiebe, and Anna Carnell. The still photos of Neel’s paintings are courtesy of Edith Vanderkloot.
Want to know more about Neel? We invite you to read Hope in the Color of Orange: Dutch Civilian Memories of War and Liberation. In the chapter titled “Sonja Mathilde,” Neel tells her story about being a wife and mother during WWII in Holland. This locally produced, independently published book (published by MMWG) is available for purchase in the Bluerock Gallery online store by clicking the link above.Pin It
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Subscribe to blogposts & newsletter via email:
Support Independent Art Projects
- Rock the Boat! One Artist’s Experience in Haida Gwaii
- PRESS RELEASE :: Cenovus Art Competition — Janice Tanton’s “Spirit Horse Lodges” Purchased
- Three MUST WATCH Art Videos — James Gurney, Monkey Farter, & John Cleese
- Getting Your Hands Dirty — Stay Forever Young, Artist!
- The New Normal — How Three Organic Pears Beat Chemo, My Way!
- 5 Daily Gratitudes (2)
- Art (34)
- Art Biz & Arts Leadership (34)
- Art Opportunities (2)
- Art Tips & Techniques (29)
- Artist's Dirty Little Secrets (1)
- Blog (130)
- CAMP (15)
- Community Fusion Project (9)
- Film & Books (9)
- Gettin' Your Geek On (1)
- Grace Quote of the Day (34)
- Home (47)
- In The Galleries (20)
- In The Studio (33)
- On The Easel (23)
- Paintings (22)
- Plein Air Painting (3)
- Press Room (15)
- The Cancer Chronicles (4)
- The Residency Chronicles (12)
- Virtual Salon (1)
- Workshops (10)